10 May 2006

Hosts give press conference

This afternoon in the press centre, there was a brief opportunity for the journalists to meet the two presenterss from this year, Sakis Rouvas and Maria Menounos. Naturally enough the Greek media took a lot of interest in them, and a lot of questions and answers were conducted in the Greek language. There were a few junctures for exchanges in English.

Sakis started the session by remarking that he thought this "Would be the best Eurovision Song Contest song contest ever seen. Not because of us, but because of the songs, the performers and the overall production of the show".

Maria added that "We are just the vehicles to help move it along. There will be lots of surprises and hope you will enjoy it". As to her outfits for the evenings, she "..likes to keep things interesting, and be as bright as I can".

As this was his second appearance on the Eurovision Song Contest stage, would Sakis return for a third appearance as a singer again? "When I first entered, I had no idea how much it would change me as a person, even psychologically. How difficult it is, now I have the chance to be host, and do different things. I can't compare the two. It's difficult...if anyone asked me if they should do it, I would say yes, 100%. If I had the chance...not sure if I would do it again"

For Maria, is it more difficult than you imagined? "It's a lot to learn and digest, and I knew nothing about the Eurovision Song Contest before. I will have to do things I have never done before. It will be an amazing spectacular, and I hope you love it".

As to whether they had any favourites, Maria admitted that she hadn't heard the songs, and was looking forward to seeing them, while Sakis remarked that even if they did have a favourite, they wouldn't disclose it. In response to the inevitable pressure from the Greek press, he added that he knew Anna Vissi personally, as he had worked with her professionally, and thought she was a great artist.

The short session ended with a photo opportunity with the two presenters, before they rushed off to prepare for the first full rehearsal this afternoon.



Site: www.esctoday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment